Saturday, August 29, 2009

embrace L.I.F.E. NOW and breathe!

Hello my beautifull people!


It has been awhile since I’ve blogged…I have taken some much needed down time from writing and have been concentrating on my training. But today I in-joyed a moment today that was so simple and significant. I was eating lunch and having fun with one of my favorite past times, people-watching. As I looked over the crowd I locked in on this family because the son and daughter had me rolling with laughter.


The son had his Atlanta Falcons jersey and the daughter was apparently a cheerleader who needed to let her younger brother she knew more than him. His response was to drown her out with his paper bull-horn. Every time she spoke he would get louder & louder. All their father could do was laugh at them. In that moment the father took the time to observe his children and then laughed at and with them. He was totally present in that moment with his children. There was no concern of the economy. There was no concern of who was playing football tonight. There was not even a concern that the son was about to spill all of his food on himself..lol


The only thing that mattered was that moment. My hat went off to that father because he embraced L.I.F.E. to the fullest in THAT moment.


I began to think how our lives would change if we allow ourselves to just BE in the moment and let go of the “crackberry” lifestyle. If we did not allow what "so & so" has done to us and affect us. Or in that moment what might happen if we did not allow our anxieties of the future to control how we live our lives. If we would just allow the past to dissolve, and then empty our minds of the future, and in-JOY right now, our lives would be a lot less stressful.


Now to some this may be too altruistic and warm & fuzzy…but try it and truly embrace THIS moment and BE there. Breathe in and say, “I am here and grateful for this moment….” Breathe out and repeat the same comment. Check to see how your body feels. Allow that silence to speak to you.


Love and light...


No comments: