Friday, June 26, 2009

EVERY WONDERFULL MOMENT OF L.I.F.E.!

This week I had the wonderfull experience of sharing another one of my dreams. Since I can remember I have always loved music. BUT the first time I snuck down into the basement and played my father’s album, Motown’s Greatest Hits, and listened to Stevie Wonder’s My Cherie Amor...OMG! I remember my dad yelling, “Michael! What are you doing?!?!” After pausing for about 5 seconds and almost peeing on myself because of his stern voice…my voice shaking and hesitating and scared response was, “Oh…nothing...” lol

That first note and I was hooked! Since the early 80’s I’ve loved listening to Mr. Stevie Wonderful and various artists, which are now considered to be old school R & B (lol) on WKYS with Donnie Simpson in Washington D.C. every morning with my mom on the way to Ft. Meade, MD.

This week I had the beautiful opportunity of hearing Mr. Wonderful again, but this time live in Atlanta. And as expected, he did not disappoint! As a matter of fact it was so surreal and L.I.F.E. changing that I could feel EVERY note and lyric! It was like I was 5 years old again in the basement!

Mr. Wonderful has a beautiful spirit! His light illuminated Atlanta on June 24th! This was so evident through his performance. Not only did he sing many of his classics: Living for the City, Key of Life, and my all-time favorite As! He also shared his compassion with several individuals in the audience. Leo, an 18 year-old male fighting cancer sat behind him the entire concert. Marlon, a child seeking to be adopted, had the opportunity of rapping with Stevie. And then Stevie allowed a random guy come on stage and jam with him and sing to the audience….simply amazing!

This night was also special because it was an opportunity to celebrate my best friend, Cynthia’s 43rd Day! This was her perfect birthday, and Mr. Wonderful made a wonderful moment last a L.I.F.E.time!

Thank you Stevie for sharing your spirit and such a moment full of WONDER that will last a L.I.F.E.time!

Love & Light…

As

Did you know that true love asks for nothing
No no her acceptance is the way we pay
Did you know that life has given love a guarantee
To last through forever and another day
Just as time knew to move on since the beginning
And the seasons know exactly when to change
Just as kindness knows no shame
Know through all your joy and pain
That I'll be loving you always
As today I know I'm living
But tomorrow could make me the past
But that I mustn't fear
For I'll know deep in my mind
The love of me I've left behind
'Cause I'll be loving you always
4 L.I.F.E.!

No comments: